Usaa SABOTAGED our Loan Modification and Now a Vet, His Disabled wife and His 4 kids are being Evicted!!!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Usaa was our very trusted bank. We had everything with them, car loan, Insurance and Mortgage you name it. We used to be greeted with, "yes Mr./Mrs. Tulloch, glad to have you as one of our long time valued members" until we hit a financial crisis, from which we are still fighting to recover! We lost over 75% of our income and was not able to continue paying our mortgage, which was painful. But, even more painful was the prejudice and lack of care with which the modification department treated us. Though we gave advance notice to them about the impending uncontrollable, devastating decrease, they denied our modification attempt. And though we appealed, informing them that I am a veteran, my wife is disabled and I have 4 children to look after, 2 of them school aged and no were to go to for Help period, they Sabotaged our chance at a new start!
Checking out the terms I noticed that the Maturation date of the loan didn't change, they just rolled all Mod fees in. Our new monthly payment was shockingly going to be higher than the one we had originally. We were up front and clear about our financial state and though our oldest son, currently serving in the US Navy began contributing, we were still clearly in a Hardship!! (If we had trouble paying the original because of our hardship, how could we possibly pay this higher one?) Worse was the demand in bold print for 2 up front payments of the new higher amount due in 11 days and a third due only a few days after that, or else we would be turned down for the help we so desperately needed! Even the loan modification representatives didn't understand why we had been APPROVED, then all of a sudden, more money than we obviously could not possibly come up with was being SUDDENLY demanded from us--THREE payments, each more than our original mortgage pymt--and all within ONE month!!! It's clear that they purposely demanded us to meet terms that were IMPOSSIBLE for us to do!!! We were told that "this" is just the way it works and then the bank refused to talk to us anymore! They Foreclosed on us abruptly! They then quickly sold our HOME back to themselves within weeks!! We have NOWHERE to go, no friends or relatives that can help. Until the hardship, EVERY ACCOUNT we had with USAA was in perfect standing--every payment made on time--and we were "valued customers". Now we are insignificant inconveniences in their financial eye and they have strategically tried to wipe us out instead of help us out, using their Big Bank status and bullying against us, though we have put our trust in them for over 15 years!!
Usaa is now evicting us with no place to go and no one that can help; I am desperate! I'm really searching hard and praying for what to do to prevent my disabled wife and my 4 kids and myself from being put out on the street! I don't know if getting our situation to the media can help us, but I have to try something because we need help. And fast!!
our very trusted bank. We had everything with them, car loan, Insurance and Mortgage you name it. We used to be greeted with, "yes Mr./Mrs. Tulloch, glad to have you as one of our long time valued members" until we hit a financial crisis, from which we are still fighting to recover! We lost over 75% of our income and was not able to continue paying our mortgage, which was painful. But, even more painful was the prejudice and lack of care with which the modification department treated us. Though we gave advance notice to them about the impending uncontrollable, devastating decrease, they denied our modification attempt. And though we appealed, informing them that I am a veteran, my wife is disabled and I have 4 children to look after, 2 of them school aged and no were to go to for Help period, they Sabotaged our chance at a new start!
Checking out the terms I noticed that the Maturation date of the loan didn't change, they just rolled all Mod fees in. Our new monthly payment was shockingly going to be higher than the one we had originally. We were up front and clear about our financial state and though our oldest son, currently serving in the US Navy began contributing, we were still clearly in a Hardship!! (If we had trouble paying the original because of our hardship, how could we possibly pay this higher one?) Worse was the demand in bold print for 2 up front payments of the new higher amount due in 11 days and a third due only a few days after that, or else we would be turned down for the help we so desperately needed! Even the loan modification representatives didn't understand why we had been APPROVED, then all of a sudden, more money than we obviously could not possibly come up with was being SUDDENLY demanded from us--THREE payments, each more than our original mortgage pymt--and all within ONE month!!! It's clear that they purposely demanded us to meet terms that were IMPOSSIBLE for us to do!!! We were told that "this" is just the way it works and then the bank refused to talk to us anymore! They Foreclosed on us abruptly! They then quickly sold our HOME back to themselves within weeks!! We have NOWHERE to go, no friends or relatives that can help. Until the hardship, EVERY ACCOUNT we had with USAA was in perfect standing--every payment made on time--and we were "valued customers". Now we are insignificant inconveniences in their financial eye and they have strategically tried to wipe us out instead of help us out, using their Big Bank status and bullying against us, though we have put our trust in them for over 15 years!!
Usaa is now evicting us with no place to go and no one that can help; I am desperate! I'm really searching hard and praying for what to do to prevent my disabled wife and my 4 kids and myself from being put out on the street! I don't know if getting our situation to the media can help us, but I have to try something because we need help. And fast!!

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Apostle T,

We realize this matter is important to you. Your concerns were addressed in a previous post. Your concerns have been escalated for research and response. Someone from our mortgage area will review your concerns and reach out to discuss this matter further. -Gus

Highlighted
After USAA promised to thoroughly review our file, Angela, who told us that she is the only contact we will EVER have with the CEO'S Office because the CEO is "inaccessible" to us, called our home. After her "investigation", she reported to me all the information she had "found", which was only what I had already told her up front, and agreed that though it was immoral to know we were in hardship and offer us modification terms that were IMPOSSIBLE to meet, the Loss Mitigation department didn't do anything illegal, so pack up your things and move you, your disabled wife and 4 kids out by the END OF THE MONTH (May, 2017), though you have no place to go, and USAA will generously give u $1,200--which doesn't even cover storage for our things!!! AND they would only give us the $1200 after it was verified that we had left our home ("the property") in a clean and undamaged state.

Well, fellow USAA members, IT IS illegal to transgress FEDERAL LAW, which they did from the beginning to the end of the modification process. This is the exposure of a painful and blatant experience with our TRUSTED bank of over 15 YEARS: USAA had no intent of helping us. Instead, we now have PROOF that USAA ONLY MADE EFFORT TO COVER THEMSELVES LEGALLY, while sabotaging our modification by pinning us to terms that there was NO WAY we could answer--especially in this hardship-- and then aggressively proceeding to take our home by ILLEGAL foreclosing!! (Legal term: Wrongful Foreclosure)

We will now take the next step to saving our home: Standing up to the "big dogs" and making them answer for their foul mortgage business behavior. Thank you to all the USAA members that reached out to us with words of encouragement, personal testimonies, and legal insight. We will do our best to keep you all posted!
Highlighted

Way to go USAA. 

This horrible story, and USAA's complicit invlovment in it, is shocking.