Highlighted
Contributor

I just wasted the last week with USAA's mortgage company. Customer service is so good with banking and insurance that I too thought I could trust them with my refinance. I got told 2 different stories on a VA funding fee. An appraisal and title search was ordered before I even signed any paperwork saying I was going to move forward with the loan. I told the processer to cancel the VA and switch me to conventional whereby this person told me I would be charged again for a second appraisal after being told I would not be charged. On top of that, I asked to speak to a manager, was put on hold for 25 minutes and then she hung up on me. All I want is a simple refinance to lower my interest rate and I do not feel I can trust USAA to do something that simple. I will be taking my business elsewhere.

And I expect to get my $350 deposit back that I was told would be refunded should I decide not to move forward. It is not my fault that someone ordered an appraisal before I gave the green light.

1 REPLY

Highlighted

Dear disappointedintx,

I apologize for the conflicting information you received and the long hold times. I have escalated your situation and someone should be reaching out to you after the weekend. Thank you for taking the time to post.