Highlighted

Dear @J C Brown

Thank you very much for the feedback. We definitely do appreciate word of mouth advertising. Your comments will be forwarded for additional review. 

Highlighted

YES me too, for a small target set of clients how are these helping?  Primary coverage during the NFL Playoff, really?  USAA Leadership you are missing your Mission mark and continue to raise our Home Insurance for what reasons?

Highlighted

Agreed, I noticed a few years ago when I no longer had people pick up when I called (i.e. having to navigate new phone menus) and the level of customer service was dropping was the same time I first started seeing the TV ads.  The decline continued and the NFL non-response was the last straw.  I switched my homeowner's, cars, and personal property coverages to a different company and saved quite a bit of money with a highly rated insurer.  I still have a checking/savings, but they're not making much on me these days.  It's a shame what the company has morphed into, but fortunately there are other options.  As to their comment that a large % of veterans never heard of USAA-I'm not sure I would want  to add them to the same insurance pool if they're that slow to even know about a company with a long affiliation with the military.  I'm guessing it's more about selling the uninformed some fee based "services".  Good luck everyone.

Highlighted

Some of us have been complaining for several years since USAA started advertising on NFL games. 

Doesn't seem to do any good, they just refer it to someone else.

This is all the legacy of  Stuart Parker, not sorry to see he's leaving this year.

Highlighted
@USAA you should take a page out of Vanguards playbook, Vanguard is one of the big three investment firms out there with wait for it......NO marketing, tell me the last time you saw a commercial for Vanguard? They do right by the customer, plain and simple. That’s all it takes, I’ll tell you straight away that if I’m satisfied with a service, I tell others, as do many of those on here who have indicated they used to. That is how you got your 60 million members, not because of your ads on television.
Highlighted

Hi @jimmyb84, We appreciate your participation in our Member Community. I will forward your thoughts to the appropriate area to track and review. Thank you for your membership and always sharing your opinion. ~Suzy (= 

Highlighted
Thank you Suzy. I appreciate the words. USAA could be a standard bearer for members, but they aren’t now. For example you have this member challenge right now about how you can help members save more, maybe simply through incentive with better deposit rates. I’ve said it for years, any member would park more money here if their dollars were working for them, but topping out at .15% leaves members no incentive to save here.
Highlighted

Hi, @immyb84, I do believe it is smart to get the most you can with the money that you can keep in reserve for savings. I am a fan of CD's. I think it can be a solution if the term fits. A CD ladder can be a great idea if you stagger the terms of each CD so that you lesson the concern of having it liquid if needed. We have a wide variety of terms and in the CD world it is a pretty realistic minimum deposit. I can appreciate your point of view but always hope to find an alternate solution. Thank you. ~ Suzy

Highlighted

Suzy, the only issue with that is I am tying money up in a CD, where any other online bank, just like USAA is offering those same rates for a fully liquid savings account. So for me to tie up money for 3+ years to get the same rate as a simple savings account is not advantageous. Not to mention that if I need the funds, then you are going to charge me a penalty to access those funds.

Highlighted

Ditto's about the concern, being a member for almost 44 years I am dis-heartened by the huge advertising budget, and the contracting of essential services.Just imagine not only the $$ for the add production and air time, how about the staff to administer? Please how many FTE is dedicated to " advertising " and be honest. Maybe us old farts need to read the bylaws carefully and take back our company.

Not only will USAA not insure my farm truck (it has a high risk flat bed)

They won't event pay the depreciation on a small homeowners claim. I checked in no less than 3 times and was told there was no issue on timing to collect the "depreciation" what that is a depreciated value withheld when you buy replacement value. They say they pay it when repairs are made only. well since we opted to undertake a complete remodel and pay it as we go it is still in motion from a may of 2016 loss. My wife is a saint, well the claim was a measly 25K with 4K or so withheld. I am in the remodel 100K in material alone.

Gee and what to do with my 7 figure 401???? Think it is time to kick the management out or take my sizeable subscriber accout and leave.