Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've been a USAA member for 45 years.  I filed a homeowners claim for roof wind damage on April 30, 2014.  I was told i could use a USAA recommended roofer located over two hours drive away from the property.  I chose to use a local roofer instead.  The claims adjuster stopped communicating with me.  I called and talked to other reps who tried to help with the claim.  They requested repair estimates from roofer.  Roofer emailed estimates.  Reps claimed they didn't get them.  this happened several times.  Original claims rep refused to return calls from me and roofer.  I called and asked to talk to a supervisor.  I was told I couldn't be connected to a supervisor, but one would call me within 24 hours.  Three months later, I'm still waiting for the call.  I called rep, not original rep, and had him stay on the line while I emailed repair estimate to him.  He acknowledged receipt.  This was four months after claim opened.  The saga continued until final payment issued on October 4, 2014.  Five months to complete a task that should have taken just weeks.

This is not how USAA used to treat members.  I am very disappointed and will no longer recommend USAA as a quality insurance company.  They seem to have lost direction.

7 REPLIES

Highlighted
Just DUMPED USAA!!! Greed just like every other bank. SAD!
Highlighted

43 years and I too am thinking about changing. Sad - used to be a company I was proud of. I went to the USAA Annual meeting in Chicago and have to agree with the guy who said, "Is 92% and falling really a number you're proud of?"

Highlighted

psdenno,

I'm sorry to hear about your roof damage. I can only imagine how frustrated you are given the circumstances. We want to make sure that we have one of our contacts in the bank review your situation to see if there's something USAA can do. If you don't mind providing a few additional details, by clicking here,  we can have one of our team members review your account.

Highlighted
Always interesting how usaa replies here with COMPLETE THIS FORM, how about you do your job initially and no additional form is required. Its called being PRO-ACTIVE.
Highlighted

universeho,

I understand your frustration. However, please understand that your personal member information is not associated with your community profile therefore in order to address account specific comments/issues we MUST have you fill out additional information and get you to someone who can help you and someone who is familiar with your particular issue. 

Thanks for offering some grace and understanding and know that if you do fill out the form or do what is asked that someone will reply. You can also always email socialmedia@usaa.com and they will research for you, too. 

Tara

Highlighted

Tara,

No one requested ANY of your criminally base feedback.

Why don't you go TROLL some of the OTHER posts, and make empty apologies, and COMPLETELY empty promises to the individuals who don't hate USAA, due to LEARNING THE HARD WAY!!!

Sod off!!

J. Ledes

Highlighted
I think I'll give it a try and see what kind of "review of my situation" they do.