Mr Disappointed
Contributor

I've been a member of USAA for over 15 years. I've had multiple mortgage accounts with USAA through the years. This time around has to be the most frustrating and worst experience I have ever experienced.  On June 26, 2019 I called in to the USAA mortgage department and spoke with a rep. After she answered a few of my questions and I did a little shopping around I decided to go thru with a mortgage refinance application.  That process was pretty quick and simple. The refi was a VA IRRRL. Since that time I have been running into frustration after frustration. About 2 weeks after my phone call on July 17, 2019 I received an email from a mortgage rep introducing himself and requesting a few documents. I submitted the requested the docs. I emailed and left a voicemail to the rep to discuss the mortgage and to lock in a rate. I did not receive an email or phone call back. Since that time I have left several voicemails and emails to discuss my application and to get a closing date. No response. I kept an eye out on the interest rates because I know they change daily. Each time I would call in to the mortgage center the rep would try to transfer me to my mortgage processor or advise me that they can not lock the rate for me. After several attempts I was finally able to lock my rate on August 16, 2019. This was done with another rep who took the time to hear my frustration and was able to assist me. Since that time I have been attempting to find out my closing date. I call in and again no one can help. This has process has been a pain in my a$$. It's inexcusable to not have any communication with the person processing my application. It has been over 2 months and I don't see an end in sight. I have yet to speak to my loan processor. It's frustrating to not have any idea what is going on with the process. I've even emailed a complaint to USAA and not to my surprise I have yet to receive a response. As I stated before I have had multiple mortgage accounts with USAA before whether by original loan or refinancing and the process was never like this. I once recommended USAA at the drop of a dime. After this I can no longer recommend this institution. I've chose not to put the reps name and USAA number on the forum, but if my frustrations continue I will definitely put that out the next time.

1 REPLY

Hello Sir. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment with USAA due to your mortgage process. This is not the way we intend for any of our members to feel. I have forwarded your feedback for management review pertaining to the communication issue.