Highlighted

You are obviously the rarity.  USAA is overgrown and doesnt care about the individual Veteran.  I have found that Geico, Farmers, or many local Insurance companies/ Banks well exceed the "savings" you think your getting by going with USAA.

"Serving veterans and their familes"  more like ripping them off.  At least here in Florida. 

A 16 year member... probably not going to see 17.  I'll take my subscriber account and go elsewhere.

Highlighted

CPT ACTIVE,

I have responded to your intial post here. Thank you. 

Highlighted
I had a good experience last year. However that was after I complained my loan officer quit replying to my emails. Once usaa got in touch with them it went good.
Highlighted
Merchants, My experience was terrible and it seems to be the norm from many others on here. RUN FOR THE HILLS!!! Just go with a local company and save yourself time and stress. The rates through USAA aren't any better either. Steve
Highlighted

I applied for a mortgage on a second home a couple years ago.  I too didn't believe all the horror stories as I have had a great experience with USAA's other services.  I now have a horror story of my own to share.  USAA's service was absolutley terrible!  My loan processor was difficult to contact, didn't return calls or emails etc., and lost documents more than once.  Despite being well qualified, I was informed that my loan was not going to be approved on the day I was to close.  You can imagine the stress this caused both us and the seller.  Fortunatley I was able to complete the transaction through another (local) mortgage company with much better terms.  So, thanks USAA for saving me thousands by forcing me to work with another mortgage company.  Stay away from USAA Mortgage Services.

Highlighted

Any members who want to file a complaint against USAA can do so through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau using the following link. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Highlighted

Don't expect to be able to make biweekly payments thru USAA.  

Highlighted

Dear member,

I have responded to your initial post here. Thank you.