USAA Homeowner's Insurance Increase by ~ 50% in one year

Reposting this conversation here because I didn't see a "Home" discussion board option when I posted in "Other".

Hello, wanted to see if anyone else has noticed that their homeowner's renewal increased on the order of 50% this year. Mine did (highest increase ever for me with USAA). I live in San Diego, CA, no claims on the property.

2 REPLIES

57 minutes ago

Hi there, I can certainly understand your concern with the renewal increase. Have you had an opportunity to speak with an insurance rep to discuss your policy in detail? We are available via chat or by calling 800-531-8722. Please let me know if we can help further. ~Crystal 

naviator2003
naviator2003
Occasional Contributor

45 minutes ago

Yes, I just did. Pretty much waste of time ("you can increase your deductible...", which would mean USAA pays less). She said USAA was authorized to increase these rates by the government, and their "software".

This article was rather informative:

California Homeowners Insurance Legislation Will Raise Premiums By 40% across the State · Consumer F...

Was USAA involved in this "lobbying"?

4 REPLIES

Hello, wanted to see if anyone else has noticed that their homeowner's renewal increased on the order of 50% this year. Mine did (highest increase ever for me with USAA). I live in San Diego, CA, no claims on the property.

Hi there, I can certainly understand your concern with the renewal increase. Have you had an opportunity to speak with an insurance rep to discuss your policy in detail? We are available via chat or by calling 800-531-8722. Please let me know if we can help further. ~Crystal 

Yes, I just did. Pretty much waste of time ("you can increase your deductible...", which would mean USAA pays less). She said USAA was authorized to increase these rates by the government, and their "software".

This article was rather informative:

California Homeowners Insurance Legislation Will Raise Premiums By 40% across the State · Consumer F...

Was USAA involved in this "lobbying"?

Hmm. No response from USAA as to whether or not they participated in this "lobbying".