Highlighted
Contributor

Recently my family and I relocated. so naturally we sold our house, and began the process of purchasing a new house. Everything was pretty typical until USAA said they would need 45 days to close - 15 more than typical. Thats understandable i guess. given the market.

however, after that everthing changed. 1st issue - we didnt get our appraisal until 5 days before closing - keep in mind we paid USAA for the appraisal 40 days prior. they did not order my certificate of elgibility until THE DAY OF CLOSING!!! (VA Loan). Everytime i would contact my processor she would say how busy she was, and how she had sooooo many accounts. this house is the rest of my life. i dont want to hear about how overworked and understaffed USAA is, and how im just a account that slipped in the cracks. The sellers lost confidence in USAA and we almost lost the sale. no other bank is having the same issues USAA is having. i heard this from both title and my agent. get your shiit together USAA, or i will be moving my home insurance, car insurance, personal property insurance, mortgage, and banking elsewhere. 

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

@NotCoty, This is not the type of experience we want for you.  I will forward your post to the appropriate area to review your concerns and feedback regarding your mortgage experience. I wish you the best with your new home. ~ Lori C

Highlighted

For what it's worth, I had a similar experience with another bank on my last home purchase, so I don't think it's exclusive to USAA and some of what you're saying i think is actually out of their control if you did a VA loan.