Highlighted

I've been a member of USAA for a very long time.  When I was doing outreach with the VA I would often team up with a USAA outreach member and used to tell him that if I wasn't working for the VA, I'd definitely apply for USAA.

I've noticed that the customer service representatives have changed in regards to their telephone etiquette.  I normally wouldnt' waste my time complaining, but I'm pretty fed up with the cold attitudes of USAA's customer service reps. 

The past 3-4 phone calls I've had I was either transferred to the wrong person OR the person that was supposed to hand me off to the next department was clueless as to why I was supposed to talk to them.  This is extremely frustrating and unprofessional.

In addition, the customer service reps are either very unexperienced or seem to not care.  The last person I spoke to sounded like she just woke up from a nap.

Did they start hiring U.S. Postal Workers or DMV employees?

USAA what happened to your customer service reps?  They used to be top notch and now they far from it.

P.S.  Please stop paying for TV ads during NFL games.  USAA is starting to feel like one of the good ole' boy banks that were bailed out in the past.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

KoreanBEEF,

I am so very sorry, that is certainly not the experience we want you to have when calling USAA. Thank you for taking the time to report this service failure. Is there anything we can help you with regarding the reason for your calls? Also, if you would like to provide more details about the calls and who you spoke to, please provide them in this form.

I have passed your suggestion about NFL sponsorship up the chain.

Thank you

Highlighted

This sums up my recent experience with USAA perfectly!

I've noticed that the customer service representatives have changed in regards to their telephone etiquette.  I normally wouldnt' waste my time complaining, but I'm pretty fed up with the cold attitudes of USAA's customer service reps. 

Dismissive and "I don't care what you think" attidude sums it up for me.

USAA used to be my partner in insurance and other services. The customer service on a homeowners claim has been horrible. I will no longer sing the praises of USAA to others.

I hope they get it fixed. Because if they don't they will loose business. I will now look at unsolicited quotes from other insurance cos. And if continues like this at USAA I will proactively look for alternatives. 

Highlighted

Dear Rescue Susan,

I would like to start by apologizing for the lackluster service you have received as of late. I can promise you we care very much what you think. We would like to get more details about your recent calls and would greatly appreciate if you could send us additional details here. Thank you for taking the time to post in in the community.