Highlighted
Contributor

I filed a claim for property damage due to Hurricane Sally with USAA 7 weeks ago.  After hearing nothing for 3 weeks I gave USAA a negative rating on how USAA was handling my claim.  I then asked several times for an update as I had heard nothing after the AllCat USAA contracted adjuster had been to my home.  USAA did not respond at all to my requests.  Then I got an out of state call from the adjuster.  The adjuster told me that he was in another state now and had lost my claim and so it was not submitted.  He told me that he had no explanation for it and that he had notified his supervisor and that another adjuster would be out to remeasure.   Another Allcat adjuster did come out and do some measurements.  I had discussed all of my damages with the first adjuster and provided them with a list of all of my personal property damages.  The second adjuster told me he did not need any of that info and to give USAA any additional details .   Several weeks passed and I asked again for an update.  I was told my claim was in QA and that a desk adjuster would be assigned.  I left a message stating that I wanted to add some additional items to my claim. Then I received an email telling me that an EFT payment had been made.  I left another message stating that I had never been notified of any estimates and would like to know what the payment covered.  I also let USAA know that I had a Public Adjuster survey my damages inbewteen the two visits by the USAA adjusters and that I would like to discuss my claim.  I finally had a missed call from USAA on 10/27/2020.  The USAA employee left a message stating that if I had any questions to call him.  I immediately called him and left a voice mail stating that I had serious concerns about how my claim was being handled and to please call me.  I also replied to the USAA email with the same info.   To this date (11/4/2020) I have never discussed my claim with anyone from USAA.  I've been a member for over 30 years.  It's hard to believe considering USAA premiums are 40% higher than other companies now.  

Most Helpful
Highlighted

Leave USAA.  Why spend the extra 40% and receive this type of customer service?  USAA is not the company it once was and regrettably, will never go back to.  USAA choose to subcontract out their adjuster work to a company like AllCat whose mission it seems is to protect USAA and not provide proper customer service to USAA's members.  Read the posts.  There have been many situations discussed concerning poor service from this company.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Hobbyc, Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I have forwarded them to our Claims department for review. ~Danielle

Highlighted

So I posted this two weeks ago.  My claim is at the 9 week point.  No one from USAA answers any of the comments or messages posted to the claim online.  a couple of days after I created this post, I was contacted by a new desk adjuster on Friday 11/6/2020 and had a great conversation.  The adjuster told me she would review my issues on either Sunday 11/8/202 or Thursday 11/12/2020.  I have not heard back since the original conversation.  Since I filed this claim I have suffered a heart attack and I am undergoing testing to evaluate the extent of my heart damage and what procedures are required to prevent another one if possible.  Is it too much to ask that USAA at least make an effort to work with me on my claim in the mean time.  I can assure you the added stress created by USAA's lack of effort has only made my situation more difficult.  I have asked via the communications center for the contact info for the desk adjuster that called me on 11/06/2020 and couldn't even get an answer to that. 

Highlighted

@Hobbyc, I hate to hear that your claims experience has caused this type of stress. I am going to forward these additional concerns so that we can continue to work on resolving your claim. Please allow 2-3 business days for them to be able to researching your situation and reach out to you.

Highlighted

Leave USAA.  Why spend the extra 40% and receive this type of customer service?  USAA is not the company it once was and regrettably, will never go back to.  USAA choose to subcontract out their adjuster work to a company like AllCat whose mission it seems is to protect USAA and not provide proper customer service to USAA's members.  Read the posts.  There have been many situations discussed concerning poor service from this company.

View solution in original post