Contributor
I'm really getting tired of hearing about lower home insurance rates. I've been a loyal USAA customer since, well forever. I started my policy when I was 22 and moved our on my own. I have never known any other insurance. I consider USAA an extension of how I run my home.

However, every year my wife asks an insurance broker friend de jour to give us quotes on our existing policy.

Invariably they come back lower. Sometimes up to 50% lower. This is very disheartening. Why would USAA set my dwelling at 2x the market value? I understand it costs to rebuild, but for that price I would have the Taj Mahal. Why not give members the option on this, or other points like lots of use.

I really want to stick with USAA, but come on.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to share your concern regarding your current insurance rate. In your response you mentioned that quotes from your wife's insurance broker friend come back lower. We would love to do a side by side comparison down the line based on what is on their quote. Can you have the broker provide you there quote and please contact us so we can compare it directly in relationship with your USAA policy? We want to see if there are any differences that are creating such a huge difference. Please contact us at contacting us at 210-531-USAA (8722), our mobile shortcut #8722 or 800-531-8722. Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. CT and Saturday, 7 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. CT. I want to assure you that the last thing we want to do lose you so we will do our best to continue to earn your business. Thank you! - Darrell

Highlighted

If I may may interject a comment, I too have always been given lower quotes, however it seems everytime I mention to those other agencies that I have USAA they always go "Oh you do?". I'm willing to pay the higher cost for the level of service I get. I have been dissapointed once or twice but never in a traumatic instance. Her is an example when I lived in Kansas, we got hit with a major hail storm. EVERY house in my neighborhood had their roofs totaled, every insurance adjuster that went out completely wrote off those roofs. USAA's adjuster said 25% and had the check sent out, so I bought the shingles, beer, and pizza and had my inlaws over to help we re-shingled the entire roof, replacing a weak spot, and still had money left over. In finance companies, just as in everthing else, you get what you pay for. Recently I bought a house using a VA loan, while USAA qualified me for a lower dollar amount and a higher rate ( I went with a different company) I did use the house buying referral service and it was top notch. In some cases I use USAA in some I use my credit union and others I use a 3rd party. But I always seem to roll things back to USAA due to the service.