I've posted several comments in the past about USAA's senior management not paying attention to us.  Tuesday morning I got a phone call from the "office of the CEO" to let me know that he had seen my comments.

Most Helpful

Hello @White dog. Thank you for your membership and for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Being that we do review every post made on the Member Community, it is most certainly a great venue to share your thoughts on anything related to USAA, including products, services, advertising, and what-have-you. It's very important for us to provide excellent service and member experiences, as well as to engage with them directly and even just share some  content through these challenging times. 

Regarding advertising ventures, USAA's mission is to serve the financial needs of our members — the men and women in the military community and their families. However, our research shows that only half of our potential members are even aware of USAA. Our marketing and advertising programs are meant to reach and inform current and prospective members about the benefits of USAA membership.

Regarding your son's glass experience, I can certainly understand your position. We do work with experienced providers who agree to meet our level of quality and service requirements, so our members can have that seamless experience and we can fulfill the mission of facilitating their financial security. I will certainly share your thoughts with our team for further consideration, but please do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns at all. We appreciate your membership and taking the time. ~ Steven

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES

Good to know.  I'll post this somewhere else too and see if I get any response.

I've about had enough with USAA and this morning was one more item to add to the list.  Several days ago I received an invitation to join the "USAA Member Forum" and thought that it was going to be something similar to this "USAA Community" (I've only posted one other time on this forum and did not get an answer). The new? Member Forum is complete garbage and nothing more than another social media venue.  I was hoping that it would provide me an opportunity to make comments/suggestions on current services, advertising/marketing, overall values of the company, have discussions with other member, etc.  Instead, I was given the opportunity to chime in on a discussion of "Have you read anything interesting lately", "Fun Facts: Top 10 Pet names for USAA Members" and "How would you describe USAA as a Partygoer?"   Are you kidding me? What a joke.  

I'm sick and tired of USAA's advertisements on TV.  How much money is wasted there that could be spent on providing better products and services?  (literally one of the annoying ads just came on Fox Business, as I was typing this) Being a member of USAA was once a unique and special privilege.  Today, like so much else in our society, it's open to pretty much everyone.  The great customer service and VALUE of being a member no longer exists.  The entire transition of mutual funds to Victory Capital was/is pathetic.  Leadership should be embarrassed and apologize.  When I joined USAA as a new 2LT, USAA didn't have to advertise anything.  Word of mouth among other officers was all it took.  When I would get a call from another auto insurance company and told them I was with USAA, the response would be the same "we can't compete with them".  I'm looking elsewhere for insurance today.  Like I said, the value is no longer there.  Recently someone broke a window in my son's truck.  He called USAA and attempted to file a claim (not knowing I dropped comprehensive coverage on his old truck).  The claim was started and then I called to cancel it (since one shouldn't have even been started in the first place).  When I finally got ahold of a person, I asked if he worked for USAA or Safelite...His response, "Neither.  I'm a middle man".  Wow.

I don't follow USAA corporate leadership's objectives for member growth, revenue, etc.  It has never been a concern of mine before.  It is clear, however, that the company, over the past few years, has made member growth (and presumably increased revenue) a top priority.  The focus on growth has absolutely resulted in a decline in member services.  I could go on and on, but will not spend more time on here this morning.

Hello @White dog. Thank you for your membership and for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Being that we do review every post made on the Member Community, it is most certainly a great venue to share your thoughts on anything related to USAA, including products, services, advertising, and what-have-you. It's very important for us to provide excellent service and member experiences, as well as to engage with them directly and even just share some  content through these challenging times. 

Regarding advertising ventures, USAA's mission is to serve the financial needs of our members — the men and women in the military community and their families. However, our research shows that only half of our potential members are even aware of USAA. Our marketing and advertising programs are meant to reach and inform current and prospective members about the benefits of USAA membership.

Regarding your son's glass experience, I can certainly understand your position. We do work with experienced providers who agree to meet our level of quality and service requirements, so our members can have that seamless experience and we can fulfill the mission of facilitating their financial security. I will certainly share your thoughts with our team for further consideration, but please do let me know if you have any other questions or concerns at all. We appreciate your membership and taking the time. ~ Steven

View solution in original post