Highlighted
Contributor

I recently refinanced my car with USAA and I am wanting to possibly refinance my house but I am worried it might be too soon to do both. My credit is not A1 but it is not terrible. I am wanting to refinance the house to pay off credit card debt and I might even pay off the car along with fixing up the house enough to sell it in the near future. Is this a good idea?

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello @baldman2255 and thank you for reaching out to us. One of the benefits of your USAA membership is, expert advice from our licensed financial advisors. You can speak with one of our financial advisors at 210-531-8722 to discuss what options are available for you. Our advisors are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. CT and on Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. CT. Thank you. ~Sarah

Highlighted

Never hurts to ask.  Oops, wait a minute, simply making an inquiry most often lowers your credit score; like walking into a bank to withdraw your own money will cost you a fee.  Kinda rigged, ain't it.  I wonder if asking to ask counts as an inquiry?  

We all need a copy of the rules book.