I currently rent my home, but the renter is interested in buying and i really want to sell.  How would I go about getting this started.  Do I need to go through a realtor or is this something that I may be able to do on my own.  


You don't need a realtor but you get yourself a good lawyer who specializes in real estate. He/she should be able to guide you through the process.

Best of luck to you, lilweetee!