Highlighted
Contributor

I have been looking for advice on a reliable moving company and did not find any useful suggestions in the several topic postings.  (Also dissapointed USAA does not have a list of approved movers given how frequent that is for military)   

Still looking but have following comments -

I saw a suggestion in one post to contact Moving.com  If you go to moving.com and put in your info you will get calls from multiple moving companies.   Talk to a few and you will get useful information on issues to consider.  Moving.com also has a check list of questions to ask movers on their site as well as suggestions on packing supplies needed for typical homes and other useful info.

The first company to contact me sent a link to an award they got as follows:  

Long Distance Van Lines named 2015 'Moving and Storage Company of the Year'  

Long Distance Van Lines, a full service moving and storage company based in Maryland (855) 298-2992, has been honored by the America Business Bureau as the 2015 "Moving and Storage Company of the Year.

American Business Bureau seems to be legit as far as I can tell.     

I have only talked to a rep - very business like.  Have gone no further at this point.

Hope this helps those of you in same situation as I am.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted
CAREY MOVING AND STORAGE IS AMAZING. THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH ALLIED VAN LINES AND OPERATE ALL IVER THE US. I HAVE USED THEM 3 TIMES AFTER ARMY RETIREMENT
Highlighted

Thanks - I will follow up with them.    Most useful post I have seen since I sarted looking on this site.    Do you have a contact name or web address?