Highlighted
Contributor

For the last few years I've taken particular notice of all the various groups and causes that USAA has decided to support.  Let me suggest another one: your own members who are homeowners in Florida.  I've been a USAA member for over 50 years and was shocked and dismayed to find that when I moved to Florida a few years ago USAA would no longer sell me homeowners insurance at any price.  If you have all these spare millions floating around why not use some of that money to provide service to the members who have supported USAA for decades?  Aren't we as deserving as random members of the public? I remember being told at one point that I coud get insurance if I were active duty, at 100% disability and age 73 that's no longer an option, but I am still a member.

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

@RayG- Hi, we appreciate your membership of 50+years. Thank you for your feedback regarding insuring homes in Florida. USAA’s philanthropic support for the community is not a factor in the cost of USAA insurance products for our members. We appreciate the service of all veterans and active servicemembers. Our mission is to serve their financial security as well as that of their families. While we look for any opportunity to continue that mission in any manner possible, there is a criteria of risk we have to account for when considering the membership at large. This sometimes includes not insuring in high risk areas. If I may, when were you last able to review your options with us? ~Shawna

Highlighted

"USAA’s philanthropic support for the community is not a factor in the cost of USAA insurance products for our members."

Then where does the money come from?  It has to be in the cost of the products/services USAA offers.  Please identify those products/services that include the cost for USAA's philanthropic support for the community.  With the current crop of USAA's executives, I doubt I will receive an answer.  I left USAA after 40 years during Stuart Parker's era of mismanaging USAA.  I left for a MASSIVE SAVINGS AND BETTER INSURANCE COVERAGE for our 4 vehicles and way better customer service.  I suggest every other member of USAA look to do the same.  I think that you will be surprised if you shop to replace USAA.

Highlighted

I'm a 40+ year member and have moved almost all of my financial assets out of USAA.  Moving my insurance to another company is next. 

Why? Mismanagement, Total lack of customer service, management that only cares about lining their pockets.

USAA was founded by Military Members FOR Military Members to support the unique needs of Military Members, their fanilies and Veterans. Now its run by corporate bean counters who hid under the bed rather than serve and whose primary focus is their bonus check.

Saying you had USAA insurance 25 years ago to another company meant they shut up and knew they could not offer a better product at a better rate. Now mention USAA as your insurance and everybody lines up to offer a better product at a better price with better service.

Highlighted

"Saying you had USAA insurance 25 years ago to another company meant they shut up and knew they could not offer a better product at a better rate. Now mention USAA as your insurance and everybody lines up to offer a better product at a better price with better service."

I could not agree more with this statement.  USAA has gone downhill in record time.