Highlighted
Contributor

After months of faxing, emailing and FedExing papers back and forth for a mortgage, I then learn a few days before closing that my application had been denied due to some obscure technicality with an HOA. Instead of taking an active role in resoving this situation lazy people made the decision to deny. 

Due to this disservice I'm in the process of canceling all my insurance, which is quite extensive. I will also close checking, savings and IRA accounts.

After 50+ years of dealng with USAA, our relationship has come to an end. I'm sure they don't care.

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

errolplane,

I have passed along your comment to our mortgage team, they will be reaching out to you in order to properly assist you. Thank you for your comment in Community.

Highlighted

Sorry to hear about this Errol, its downright depressing.  We are still in process, more like in limbo, and also chose USAA because of our long time membership.  Their ads are impressive but we agree they don't really seem to care, nothing is personalized.  I don't think many members realize this on line community exists and if they do they're probably too tired from the process to spend the time on it.  Anyway, I just wanted to let you know you are not alone.  

Highlighted

Here, Here. We have just completed 25 years of membership, and recognized at first that not only the customer services has changed, but also their attitude. They have become unprofessional, obnoxious, and downright uncouth. 

We are also seeking to move our mortgages, home and auto insurances somewhere else. May GOD bless you.

Highlighted

A similar thing happened to me. I suggest you file a complaint against USAA through the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau using the following link. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/