P*SSED About Horrible Remodel of USAA Website!!

What happens when you get sold a bill of goods by some young IT techs and web designers? Someone that has NEVER been a USAA member and used the website for years. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU MAKE THESE CHANGES?? This is the most egregious action by USAA banking services to "re-design" their website for "ease of navigation". Well, let me tell you, IT WAS FINE THE WAY IT WAS! And we got used to the way we navigate. Change is NOT always progress!! I wish you would have left the website alone, or at least allowed your MEMBERS to decide on which form to use: old or new. After nearly 40 years with USAA, I'm thinking of going to Pen Fed or other veteran-friendly company. USAA has lost it's way and mission.

12 REPLIES

I couldn't agree more. As a 20+ year member of USAA I knew at some point changes were going to be made, but this is absurd. I just tried to view my past insurance claim history and although I was directed to the SAME webpage several different ways there is actually NO WAY to get this information. That's right, the ONLY way now to find claim history is to call Customer Service on the phone! 

Hello, @Raging_Red_Squirrel. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with the new web layout. I understand that change can be difficult and re-learning navigation can be inconvenient, but rest assured that this change was made in order to integrate our site, app and internal systems together to reduce delays and to enhance the self-service function of the the app and web site for our members. If you are having trouble locating your claims history, you do not have to call if you prefer not to do so. Please feel free to chat with us by logging into USAA.com and selecting the "Chat" button. I am also able to send you documents related to your claims history from my end if that is more convenient as well, please feel free to send me a private message to proceed in so doing. I will standby to see how I may further support you from here. Thank you for your membership. ~ Steven

I agree with the others comments.  Don't tell me I'll get used to it.  My wife told me just last week how easy the old system was to find things. PUT IT BACK!! Children remember the customer is ALWAYS right.

COL M, I'm sorry for the frustration with the site and recent changes. We definitely do take your feedback seriously, as we want to continuously provide the best products and services for our members. I want to confirm I've shared your thoughts with our team. -Lori 

@ wrote:

If you are having trouble locating your claims history, you do not have to call if you prefer not to do so. Please feel free to chat with us by logging into USAA.com and selecting the "Chat" button. I am also able to send you documents related to your claims history from my end if that is more convenient as well,

Why should they have to do any of that instead of simply pulling it from their account page?

@ wrote:

wrote:

If you are having trouble locating your claims history, you do not have to call if you prefer not to do so. Please feel free to chat with us by logging into USAA.com and selecting the "Chat" button. I am also able to send you documents related to your claims history from my end if that is more convenient as well,

Why should they have to do any of that instead of simply pulling it from their account page?

The "Chat" layout is not customer friendly at all. Who the heck designed it?? Your "Chat" service is what forces people to have to call in wait for ages for assistance. Then you wonder why your customers are leaving you in droves.

I can certainly understand your concerns regarding our web layout. We appreciate you reaching out to us about this as feedback from our members allows us to improve. I will definitely escalate these issues on your behalf. If there are any specific questions that we can assist with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. - Heather

Just because it changed doesn't mean it was progress.  Things worked pretty well they way they were and we knew our way around the website.  Now nothing makes sense.

I have been a member for 44 years.  Now I am listed as a new member when I make a comment.