My loan has been in underwriting for two weeks and I am about to loose my house

Highlighted
Contributor

Oh, there is so much to write about, but in the end I just need this resolved so I don't loose my home.  In a nutshell here is the situation...   I am to close on my house in 23 days and my loan has been in underwriting for two weeks now.  In that time I have only had one question and crickets.  I have been in daily contact with my representative, provided everything she asked for right away and feel for her because she is stuck in the middle.  I have the cash to make this happen and assets greater than the purchase price of the home.  However I am worried about I am about to loose my loan and that it is too late to go to another bank.  This is about to be a disaster, someone is moving into my house in a month, the vacancy rate is .4 in this city so one of us will be out of housing if this falls through.  I could also loose my deposit and the home I built because underwriting has been sitting on this for so long that I don't have other options.  I am posting here because from the best I can tell these seems to get a response.   Can someone please help me? 

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi Ruth2,

 

I have sent this right over to our bank team and they will be reaching out shortly. Thank you.

Highlighted

I think I am about to get screwed.  I was told last Wednesday that I was cleared by underwriting.  Now, I am scheduled to close this Friday, 9 days after cleared by Underwriting.  I get a call today, Tuesday (my closing is 3 days away) and am told that Underwriting denied my loan?  WTF?  I havean 820 credit score, putting down a large amount. And they have known everything since the appraisal that was sent to me by USAA after they received it on June 8, 2016.  Now, with a closing in less than three days, I have to wait until tomorrow to see if Underwriting will change their mind after I clarified something in an email to the processor that she claims was given to her Director who is working with the Director of Underwriting to try to get it approved.  Talk about ridiculous.  I started this process in April, 2016 and now, 3 days before closing this happens.  I am sick to my stomach trying to figure out what to do.  There are pets involved that will have no place to stay, I have all my stuff that will have to be put in storage, the seller is moving out by Friday and the house will be in limbo with utilities and everything else.  USAA ****-up will end up costing me and others lots of extra money with the delay and now I have to get another mortgage somewhere else.  They are losing out on $200,000 in interest over the 30 year life of the loan.  Do they really care about veterans and members with over 20 years with them, I don't think so.  They should be bending over backwards for someone with my credit score and steady income and not a late payment ever in my life (I am 46).  Now I have to figure out the mortgage fiasco and then where to go get my auto and home insurance, move all my retirement accounts somewhere else, and set up direct deposit somewhere else and move all my money out of here.  They can prevent that and make money on interest if they just get their head out of their ***.  I have to wait until tomorrow morning (Wednesday, 2 days before the scheduled closing for a decision which everyone else is telling me underwriters never change their mind).  Well, wish me luck.

Highlighted

MikeS011,

 

We understand this matter is important to you and addressed your concerns on a prior post. Please review this post for our response.

 

https://communities.usaa.com/t5/Buying-a-Home/USAA-Home-loan/m-p/98839#M2287