First of all thank you for your service and sacrifices for our country. I am a 30 + USAA Member and I am having similiar problems with USAA Mortgage. I have begun the process of severing my business relationship with them. I am certain the the problems stem from poor business practices and incompetent employees for which we are paying the price.
I think I am about to get screwed. I was told last Wednesday that I was cleared by underwriting. Now, I am scheduled to close this Friday, 9 days after cleared by Underwriting. I get a call today, Tuesday (my closing is 3 days away) and am told that Underwriting denied my loan? WTF? I havean 820 credit score, putting down a large amount. And they have known everything since the appraisal that was sent to me by USAA after they received it on June 8, 2016. Now, with a closing in less than three days, I have to wait until tomorrow to see if Underwriting will change their mind after I clarified something in an email to the processor that she claims was given to her Director who is working with the Director of Underwriting to try to get it approved. Talk about ridiculous. I started this process in April, 2016 and now, 3 days before closing this happens. I am sick to my stomach trying to figure out what to do. There are pets involved that will have no place to stay, I have all my stuff that will have to be put in storage, the seller is moving out by Friday and the house will be in limbo with utilities and everything else. USAA ****-up will end up costing me and others lots of extra money with the delay and now I have to get another mortgage somewhere else. They are losing out on $200,000 in interest over the 30 year life of the loan. Do they really care about veterans and members with over 20 years with them, I don't think so. They should be bending over backwards for someone with my credit score and steady income and not a late payment ever in my life (I am 46). Now I have to figure out the mortgage fiasco and then where to go get my auto and home insurance, move all my retirement accounts somewhere else, and set up direct deposit somewhere else and move all my money out of here. They can prevent that and make money on interest if they just get their head out of their ***. I have to wait until tomorrow morning (Wednesday, 2 days before the scheduled closing for a decision which everyone else is telling me underwriters never change their mind). Well, wish me luck.
We understand this matter is important to you and have addressed your concerns on a prior post. Please review this post for our response.