Highlighted
Contributor

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a 76-year-old, 100% disabled Vietnam veteran, living in my non=functioning Motorhome on a farm outside of Bennett, Colorado.  I have recently been informed that my home (motorhome) is scheduled for repossession after my bankruptcy in 2019. My USAA loan for this Motorhome was discharged in Bankruptcy court in 2019, but USAA retained a lien on it.  I kept sending $100 to $150 per month to USAA to help offset this loss to USAA.  However, sometime this year or late in 2019, these payments stopped – possibly for insufficient funds and a failure to reset these payments after that.  I did not stop them myself!

Recently, I have been talking to the USAA Recovery Team to forestall the scheduled repossession of my only real home. They asked if I could make a voluntary payment of the full amount (greater than $10,000), and I told them that was impossible for me at this time.  However, I did let them know that the condition of my Motorhome is extremely poor - roof leaks, blown transmission, electrical issues because of mice, and plumbing issues because of freezing.

Even in this extremely poor condition, I need shelter during this coming winter. so I went to my local bank and asked them to lend me as much money as they could with the collateral that I have on hand. My bank has lent me $2,000 - for making a voluntary contribution to USAA in exchange for a clear title to my motorhome ("Box with heat"), so I can have some home security in the future.

I would consider living in the Denver VA old soldiers’ home - if they did not have a very long waiting list of Veterans wanting to do the same.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts about what alternatives I may have.

Sincerely,

Terril J Hxxxxxx

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Good evening @PolarBear2, thank you for reaching out to us today. For best assistance please call us at 800-531-8722, this way a subject matter expert would be able to review what available options you may have. We look forward to speaking with you soon. -Emily 

Highlighted

To Whom It May Concern,

I am a 76-year-old, 100% disabled Vietnam veteran, living in my non=functioning Motorhome on a farm outside of Bennett, Colorado.  I have recently been informed that my home (motorhome) is scheduled for repossession after my bankruptcy in 2019. My USAA loan for this Motorhome was discharged in Bankruptcy court in 2019, but USAA retained a lien on it.  I kept sending $100 to $150 per month to USAA to help offset this loss to USAA.  However, sometime this year or late in 2019, these payments stopped – possibly for insufficient funds and a failure to reset these payments after that.  I did not stop them myself!

Recently, I have been talking to the USAA Recovery Team to forestall the scheduled repossession of my only real home. They asked if I could make a voluntary payment of the full amount (greater than $10,000), and I told them that was impossible for me at this time.  However, I did let them know that the condition of my Motorhome is extremely poor - roof leaks, blown transmission, electrical issues because of mice, and plumbing issues because of freezing.

Even in this extremely poor condition, I need shelter during this coming winter. so I went to my local bank and asked them to lend me as much money as they could with the collateral that I have on hand. My bank has lent me $2,000 - for making a voluntary contribution to USAA in exchange for a clear title to my motorhome ("Box with heat"), so I can have some home security in the future.

I would consider living in the Denver VA old soldiers’ home - if they did not have a very long waiting list of Veterans wanting to do the same.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts about what alternatives I may have.

Sincerely,

Terril J Hxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

I'd hire an attorney and start a class action law suit against these idiots