Highlighted
Contributor
Bottom line is USAA called me on Friday at 6pm to tell me that my mortgage refinance loan had been cancelled. This is after I received the conditional approval letter (not a preapproval letter) The reason for denial is the VA appraiser would only do an exterior inspection due to COVID-19 pandemic (he wont go into anyone's house to reduce his exposure). James Petterson (loan processer) said the VA would not authorize another home appraiser so, the fix to the problem is to just deny the whole application. I spent $550 for an appraisal to be done, another $150 for a termite inspection and not to mention the inquiries on my credit report. Unacceptable! I really like USAA but if this doesnt get fixed I will close every account I have with USAA and go somewhere else. I would really like to talk to someone that can actually help and not just transfer me around the network. Thank you
Adam Smith

4 REPLIES

Highlighted
That's just ridiculous. Here we go with yet another unwelcomed USAA experience.

Sorry to hear about this. Try Navy Federal Credit Union. While I do have 1 life insurance product with USAA, I too experienced a few issues that I feel reflect bad ethics. So I switched to NFCU and my financial situation, credit, etc cannot even compare to when I mainly used USAA; my experience with NFCU is exceptional.
Highlighted

Thank you for reaching out to us. We have forwarded your request to a processing manager to review and contact you regarding your concerns. 

Highlighted
I have been calling all day with not one person answering my calls or returning my messages. How long shall I wait for someone to get in touch with me? Wow! Am I frustrated with this. I cant believe USAA is treating me like this.
Highlighted

Hello, our processing team is working on making contact with you. We can confirm they have been in contact with the VA today to have your request reviewed. Thank you!