Highlighted
1/23/20
Dear USAA members,
I telephoned and spoke with a kind mortgage loan officer named- James. He and I spoke on the phone for a good 5-10 minutes reviewing the best option to qualify for a USAA mortgage products and we came to a conclusion that the best option for my current needs is to look for a local community bank that offers a Home Equity Loan which USAA doesn’t offer. It’s always good to know that USAA agents are always open to helping us make a smart decision and offering us other options to discover to make our lives better. Has anybody looked for a Home Equity Loans in the Bay Area that is small yet friendly who understands multiple circumstances that may not be ideal qualifications at big banks? I live in San Francisco CA.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Thank you for the kudos Aiko! We love our members and want to do what's best for them.

Highlighted

My suggestion is to go to ficoforums.myfico.com, set up an account and head over to the Mortgage Loans forum.  There are several loan officers who reply to member questions that have been through bankruptcy and need to understand how to qualify for a home mortgage as well as bad credit situations looking to refinance or a cash out refi type of loan.  Several members have been in your exact situation.  It's a very friendly community.  I am sure they will be able to help you.