Highlighted

I did hear back from usaa and was told to fill out the tax transcripts, fine I understand that but a week before i was due to close, seriously? I then gave them the sheet back signed and filled out within minutes and was told 48 hours, ok i understand that it is IRS. I call back I am then told that the IRS kicked back the form because the zeros had the slashes through them and there was a conflict that it could be confused as zeros, i am currently waiting for this form to come back. I was told we should know something today but today is the last day that the seller agreed to push back. Now, I had the first approval, so i pulled out money from my 401k as a hardship taking a 9k loss by selling it early; I was fine with this because that is just the nature of the beast and i wanted the house and got the preapproval and the first approval. It came back after two weeks denied because my loan originator never got back with me to tell me there was a problem. I was then told by USAA that if i paid off my wife's vehicle of 11k then i would be good to go. Now this loan was 0 percent interest and was the last on my list to pay off, i paid it off and we are still awaiting first approval again. Now in a nut shell, i have paid earnest money, inspections(both home and termite), usaa's GOOD FAITH deposit; in all over $3000.000 that i willl lose because of USAA not working on my application in a timely manner. Not to mention that i am still living in a hotel for two weeks extra than planned for. Now with the $3000.00 and the $9000.00 plus the hotel fees, all is lost because of untrained and unprofessional personnel. I am so disgusted with the mortgage dept and really put in a financial hardship do to their actions.

Highlighted

baughmansgt,

Thank you for keeping us updated. We have escalated your concerns and a Member Advocate will be calling you to discuss your current status and an action plan to get you closed as soon as possible.
Highlighted

No your experience is not unique.  I tried on three different times since 2011 to finance, or refinance a home and iin all cases USAA became so hard to work with, missed every deadline, and in the end did not offer as good a deal as I ultimately got from Well Fargo.  I found it in my best interest to walk away from the applicatrion fee provided to USAA and take my business elsewhere.  I have also had problems with the brokerage service and the credit card. 

My belief the source of the problem is two fold.  USAA subs the work out to 3rd parties and most importantly USAA no longer cares about service.  I am keeping my insurance with them but moving the remainder of my investments out of USAA

Highlighted

Dear michael56,

I am so sorry we have failed you (multiple times). We would truly appreciate the chance to chat with you and get more details about how we can improve our services and make sure what went wrong with your refinance, brokerage services and credit card. If you would be so kind to email us here at socialmedia@usaa.com and include your member number and the best way to reach you, we would be grateful for the opportunity to learn from our mistakes and be a batter company moving forward. Thank you. 

Highlighted
If all I offer is support; We are going through the same thing. Just not with USAA. Good Luck and Breathe!