Highlighted
Contributor

I recently successfully completed the Deed in Lieu of a Foreclosure process.  I attempted to sale my previous home but after over a year of being on the market, there was no way I was going to be able to sale my house for the needed price in that particular area.  I definitely could not allow myself to go into full foreclosure because I didn't want to just walk away, but i also knew that the super high tax rate in the area was driving my monthly payment up to an unsustainable level.  That said, I am planning to get married next year and I would like to take steps to be able to position myself to purchase another home in the future.  What services within USAA can I utilize to assist me in maximizing my chance of purchasing another home?

Thank you in advance for your advice.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi Worker,

I would highly suggest you give our Financial Improvement Team (FIT) a call. FIT helps members with Debt Management, budgeting and building and maintaining good credit. If you would like to speak to this team, please call (800) 245-9360 between the hours of 8am-6pm central time. Best of luck to you, and congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Highlighted
Thank you very much for your response and well wishes.