Insured gets penalized with higher premium because they have low debt

Please sign-in to reply

5 REPLIES

It's a no-win situation. We once got the notice about not receiving the lowest rates. When I called about it I was told it was because I had too many credit cards. Some actuary had determined that people with more credit cards had more accidents. I see no logical reason whatsoever for people with more credit cards to have more accidents. It's just an excuse to charge more.

Hello @Deriter, I'm sorry for the frustration with your policy. I do see you have an active policy and want to make sure your concerns are reviewed and addressed properly. I've forwarded your message to the best team so that we can reach out as quickly as possible and discuss more info together. -Lori

WOW ! The many benefits of being a USAA so called "MEMBER" just keep coming. SO sad. All the best in 2022.

Shop around.  USAA's auto insurance rates can easily be beaten by other companies.  You will be surprised by how much money you will save.  USAA is NOT the company it used to be.  What has been intentionally done to USAA is a disgrace.

Hello, @NOLA GEAuX. I am going to forward your account with your concerns for review. While I can't provide a specific time, I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response from this area. -Nick