We are in the process of being reviewed for a mortgage. I have been reading the horror stories and now I am concerned. We received conditional approval and all the paperwork is supposed to be in Underwriting. I hope we are not another unhappy USAA member. We are supposed to be closing on 6/12. We are without a home since we sold ours and need everything to go along smoothly. I am crossing my fingers we are not another unhappy statistic.
1. USAA, like any large organization, has its "good days" and "bad days". If you haven't received your "Loan Application Package" yet, then you will need to complete that. That said, I believe from your post that you have submitted all the required documents and that your suppose to be in the "underwriting" phase of your mortgage, so I believe you are over a majority of the "hurtles".
2. You need to keep on top of things, be proactive, and don't simply "wait" for something to happen.
3. Based upon your current "close date" I recommend the following:
4. LOOK: Click here for a guide on the USAA Mortgage Process.
Good luck on your new home purchase.
1. Your Loan Application Package should arrive via FedEx (unless USAA has decided delivery method).
2. That said, you should also check your Documents online on the USAA Main Website by first clicking on My Account Tools and then by clicking on View Documents in the Documents and Forms Section.
3. Within your online Documents, you should look for a document with the title "Disclosures Only" (unless USAA has decided to change the name) which will have a large number of pages (in my experience 94 to 99).
4. USAA has the ability to do your Loan Application Package "electronically".
If you have access to a scanner you can:
5. I hope this helps you.
ADDED: If you have access to the full version of Adobe Acrobat you can scan directly into a PDF document (skipping the whole combine several JPEG's into a single MS Word Document).
Hotrod, Run, Run for the hills!!! Go with a local lender if you want to close on time. The service you receive from USAA mortgage services will not be half of what you will get from someone local. I wish it wasn't so late in the game or we would change. We are a week late closing right now.
Oh my gosh... I'm just getting started with pre approval for mortgage... Yeah, now I'm wondering... Should I just go down the street to my local bank and take my chances.... where are all the good happy beginings/ending....