I’ve had better experiences with the DMV—USAA DOES NOT CARE ABOUT ITS MEMBERS

Highlighted

Can anyone tell me who I can talk to about the horrible level of service I’ve gotten from USAA? I filed a claim in July and have still not settled the claim. I can’t get anyone to help me. I have called my claims person Jayme and her boss Linda several times to get help/explanations on my claim to no avail. I was most recently treated like trash and offered zero help by Josh in the Condo department when he accused me of lying and told me he couldn’t authorize an escalation to a Director (someone above Linda as she’s not responded to my last two calls). 

I’ve asked for calls...never got them. I’ve asked for updates...they typically took weeks and were vague at best. I’ve asked for someone to be empathetic to the fact that my house was uninhabitable for 5 months...uh nope, nothing like that. 

I actually can’t believe how bad my experience has been...the company should be ashamed of themselves. I have had insurance with USAA since I could pay for insurance myself and the one time I need help, they couldn’t give a rip. I literally get better service at the DMV...no exaggeration. 

Words I would use to describe a company who allegedly prides themselves on insuring the families of veterans:

Vile

Rude

Dismissive

Evasive

Disrepsectful

Someone at a higher level should really take note of the terrible level of service and care their company is providing when one of their members is down on their luck. Disgraceful. 

I would invite anyone from USAA to have a look at the correspondence (or lack of) that has taken place on the online portal.  I would also challenge you to tell me the level of support was even remotely acceptable. 

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

@ AJfromCO, 

It’s disheartening to hear about your claim experience, and please know it is never our intent for anyone to feel this way.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I have escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.   Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike

Highlighted
I’ve had similar experiences
Highlighted

@ mbafb,

this is very concerning to hear, and please know that it is never our intent for you to feel disappointed with our service.  I’d like an opportunity to escalate your concerns further.  Can you please elaborate a little more on your situation, so I can escalate your concerns to the appropriate area.  Thanks~Mike