Highlighted
Contributor

Hi,

Has anyone experienced USAA's homeowners insurance being 30-40% higher than competitors? I love being a member and I always assumed rates were competitive but seeing the differences has been a wake up call.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi Chicago001. I see your concerns about your premiums as you are shopping around. We understand the rate is important. A company's financial strength, customer service, and claims satisfaction are three important factors you want to consider when shopping for insurance aside from price, and  USAA consistently ranks high on all three. The contracts can differ between carriers as well. Have we had an opportunity to review your policy with you recently? We invite you to reach out so that we can compare contracts or answer any questions. Please feel free to chat with us on USAA.com or call us at 1-800-531-8722. We hope to hear from you soon. :)

Highlighted

Hi,

I've reviewed contracts, coverages, financial strength, customer reviews and much more and pretty much every company is 30-40% lower than USAA. I've reviewed the coverages I have currently and there does not seem to be a vast difference. To say the least, I am very surprised at how uncompetitive USAA's rates are.

Highlighted

Thank you for your response. It sounds like you have been very thorough! What is most important is that the coverage and premium meet your needs. We hope we can continue to be your provider of choice but if you do decide to switch, we invite you to check back with us on occasion and see if we can be more competitive for you. We'd love the chance at serving you again in the future. :)