Highlighted
Contributor

I just put together a spreadsheet of my Homeowners insurance for the past four years and man was I surprised at what I saw. There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason with the charges between years. Oh yeah, I had a long conversation last year over my impact resistant roof discount. Right in the middle of the year (2017 - 2018) they dropped my discount. Now I had the documentation on file to obtain the original discount but I had to obtain new documents to get it reinstated. I have my payment set up to be paid automatically monthly so I didn't even notice because I wasn't watching. So, I just received notice that my new policy will be coming up in June so I thought I would check it out - just because. Well, well, interestingly enough, my premium is going up over $300 and this is on top of my credits and discounts going up a little over $400. That means that my total premium increase before credits and discounts was over $700. If you have not ever just looked at every line item on your insurance bill, I would encourage you to do so now!

6 REPLIES

Highlighted

@Steady002, we appreciate you connecting with us. We do want to help, please see our response on your prior post. 

Highlighted

I just put together a spreadsheet of my Homeowners insurance for the past four years and man was I surprised at what I saw.  There does not seem to be a rhyme or reason with the charges between years.  Oh yeah, I had a long conversation last year over my impact resistant roof discount.  Right in the middle of the year (2017 - 2018) they dropped my discount.  Now I had the documentation on file to obtain the original discount but I had to obtain new documents to get it reinstated.  I have my payment set up to be paid automatically monthly so I didn't even notice because I wasn't watching.  So, I just received notice that my new policy will be coming up in June so I thought I would check it out - just because.  Well, well, interestingly enough, my premium is going up over $300 and this is on top of my credits and discounts going up a little over $400.  That means that my total premium increase before credits and discounts was over $700.  If you have not ever just looked at every line item on your insurance bill, I would encourage you to do so now!

Highlighted

@Steady002, thank you for reaching out to us. I'm very sorry to hear about your disappointment and I do understand premium increases can be frustrating. Your concerns are very important to us and I will engage a Subject Matter Expert to review your your feedback and concerns.

Highlighted

HI @Steady002 

Moderation Note: I have combined your two posts in hopes you won't miss the response! Thank you!

Highlighted

Since 2017, my homeowners policy has increased 50% (over $500) while my discount has gone up about 10% ($48). I've had no claims on my policy and coverage has only increased at the standard USAA annual rate. What's up?

Highlighted

Hello @RedC17, thank you for your membership and trusting USAA with your home insurance needs.  We truly appreciate you being claims free and our policies do reflect additional savings to those that have no claims.  I certainly understand that seeing an increase on your renewal can be frustrating, have you had a chance to do a full review on your homeowners insurance policy?