Homeowners Insurance and Hazardous Tree Removal

Highlighted
Contributor

Does homeowners insurance include any coverage for the removal of trees that are deemed hazardous by an aborist, and that endanger the insured house? Thanks!

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello @EEG1, great question and please allow me a few moments to research your question.  ~ Marco

Highlighted

Thank you for your patience @EEG1.  USAA homeowners insurance will cover trees, shrubs and other plants: 

We cover trees, shrubs, plants, lawns, or landscaping on the "residence premises";

for loss caused by the following Losses; We Cover: Fire or Lightning, Explosion, Riot

or civil commotion, Aircraft, Vehicles not owned or operated by a resident of the

"residence premises", Vandalism or malicious mischief or Theft.

I appreciate your inquiry to see if tree removal is covered if found hazardous.  To review what is covered under your homeowners policy, you may go to your "My Documents" to locate your recent home insurance renewal policy.  If needing additional concerns or questions answered, please don't hesitate to reach us by chat or by phone to review your home insurance in more detail.  Thank you for your membership and trusting USAA with your insurance needs.  ~ Marco