Highlighted

It looks like USAA isn't getting their money's worth with the home value monitoring service they're using. The market value of my home has changed overnight by as much as 20% for no apparent reason. The map indicates there have been no similar homes sold in my area. In fact it has never listed a property sold in my area although there have been over a dozen in the last couple of years and that information is readily available. Given the unreliability of the service USAA is using, the company might explore finding a service that does better research.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Zillow and Trulia's algorithms are wonky and fluctuate so much they cannot be trusted for much accuracy.  We take a look at our home's estimate and just smile a little at the occasional senselessness or illogical figures.  I think we all can only hope lenders and agents don't take these numbers seriously.  I wish I knew if that is the case.  

Highlighted

Welcome to today's USAA.  I had this same issue.  Called USAA to find out the problem.  Representative 'sprained it to me: home value affected by number of houses for sale/sold within 2 miles of my home.   No homes listed within 2 miles.  Informed them from the window where I was looking out, I saw 3 "for sale" signs.  So much for this USAA service.  Too bad that isn't an outlier.   USAA pays contractors to provide services.   But the service is cr***y   Wasting our money.