Highlighted

I'm having a home built with contruction to begin later this month. I've been considering USAA for my home insurance since I have auto insurance but with the number of negative comments about increasing rates and overall customer satifaction with USAA I'm not so sure. Fortunately, I haven't had to file a claim with my auto insurance so I haven't experienced USAA claim process.  I'll have to do more research!

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

Congrats on your new home @Home insurance2, member feedback is important as we continually look for ways to improve our members experience and how competitive our rates are. Please let us know how we can help with any of your questions to include a quote. As always, we appreciate your membership!   ~ Joseph

Highlighted

I would NEVER purchase house insurance from USAA as long as Stuart Parking is the CEO. n You will do better elsewhere.

Highlighted

@ wrote:

I'm having a home built with contruction to begin later this month. I've been considering USAA for my home insurance since I have auto insurance but with the number of negative comments about increasing rates and overall customer satifaction with USAA I'm not so sure. Fortunately, I haven't had to file a claim with my auto insurance so I haven't experienced USAA claim process.  I'll have to do more research!

Shop around. Don't assume that just because you've never filed a claim for your auto--that your homeowner's insurance is going to be inexpensive. Yes, there are some benefits for insuring auto/property under one carrier. Of course, much depends on the location, number of claims USAA receives from others, credit score (maybe), and who knows what else. As you said, other members have voiced their concerns about premium rates. In some cases, the only thing that might keep the high rates under control--might be the end of year SSA distribution--if you get one from USAA. The other benefit for some--is the ability to pay by installments (without a service fee). Not sure other companies offer you that arrangement unless you pay them a service fee. Even then, it might still force many to look elsewhere for a better deal.

Highlighted

I've been pleased with USAA homeowner's insurance since 1995.  I've had a couple very small claims on homeowners.  I've had some major auto insurance claims over the years and they were handled exceptionally well.  There is a small discount for having both types of policies with USAA.  I've asked for quotes from other companies and they were all within $100 of my USAA premium, as well as I could compare, because each product was slightly different.  Based on my claims experience and overall long-term satisfcation I'd suggest you go with USAA for now and a year from now shop around.  Naturally competitors will be delighted to offer you a quote once you have construction finished and a good appraisal in hand. We have some inherited property insured elsewhere, and had a major claim, and our experience with them has been mostly positive, but I think it would have been better under USAA.