Highlighted
Contributor
Is there a valid reason why my OK home insurance is going up over 25% in January with no change to my coverage? Is that even legal?

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

@TankerTime, we would be happy to review your policy to see what caused the increase at your next renewal in January. To discuss specifics and for privacy we kindly ask ask that you connect with us via chat 24/7 at http://usaa.com or by calling us at 800-531-8722. We look forward to helping you soon.

Highlighted

That's not even the half of it. Wait til you submit a claim. Short of a plane crashing into your house, these fine folks and their shady adjusters use "aging, wear and tear" til the wheels fall off. And you ain't gonna get your claim approved. You can build a brand new house, it settle after a couple months (as most new homes do) and they'll be like, "yea that happens with new homes. It's aging, wear and tear." As long as it's a day older than it was when you signed your policy, it's completely subjective and they can stretch it beyond your wildest dreams. There's no legal limitations to how "aging; wear and tear" is interpreted. You're paying more, and likely gonna be let down later.

Highlighted

@U-S-A-A...Sux, I understand you have concerns regarding a claim. Your concerns will be sent to the appropriate team for further review. Thank you. - Rhonda 

Highlighted

No they won't. You're just saying this as a publicity stunt to make it appear you care. No one will follow up with me, and you will continue to ask me to contact you in a PM or sow thin order to do damage control in hiding so you're not exposed. No one here belives you.

Highlighted

Shop around.  You can do better than USAA on every product they offer.  FYI - Stuart Parker, after destroying USAA while earning a $4,000,000.00 + salary/year, is retiring at the ripe old age of 58.  Good bye and good riddance.  I hope the new guy, who has no military experience, can lead USAA back to the company it once was.  However, I highly doubt it.