Highlighted
Contributor

So in my account today to find out how to apply for a pre-approval for a home purchase. My agent won't show me any home without the Pre-Approval letter and has demanded I get one so he can proceed as a professional ( pretty much his exact words), Is it true USAA won't issue them? So I'm not able to set up my home loan then through USAA?

With out that Letter I can't even look. I have the Pre-Approval thinking that that's all we'd need to go forward, but my agent won't take it.

USAA is forcing us to have to use another bank...or banks ( shop for best rates...) to be able to buy our home. Are they going out of the home loan business? Has anyone asked them?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi DG Texas,

Thank you for your question. At this time, USAA is not offering pre approvals. We offer Pre-Qualifications and Conditional Approvals.  I encourage you to contact the Bank here at USAA to discuss the matter further. They can be reached at 1-800-531-8722.

Thank you.

Highlighted
I agree. I can't submit an offer for the home I want to buy without a pre-approval letter. I now can't use USAA for my mortgage. Why don't you offer this much needed service?
Highlighted

Thank you for your comment EG5. I have shared your feedback with our mortgage department. If you would like an additional outlet to share your thoughts on Pre-approvals, please feel free to send us a message here.

Thank you again for commenting.

Highlighted

I'm in the same boat.  So I called them and they informed me that they are going thru a software changeover for mortgages and can't do this.  They will get an email when the software is complete.  My son says they have been doing this for over 2 months.

I don't know what's going on.  All I see is less services being offered and don't know why.  Been a member for over 40 years and we had service then, now it's slowly going by the wayside, AND THEY DON'T CARE.  I've already had a LtCol friend bail out of USAA, got tired of the BS from them.

Highlighted

Thank you for posting Dan,

We appreciate your feedback. I have made a note of your experience and comments and sent them to the bank for review. We appreciate our members continued patience during the transition-

USAA Bank is transitioning to a new mortgage origination system, allowing us to better serve our members’ needs for home loans. During this transition, we will continue to serve our members basic home-purchasing loan needs, but we will suspend the offering of certain products. We apologize for this inconvenience. This change will allow us to better serve members in the future.

Thank you.