Merry Christmas from USAA:     Your home damage coverage from Hurricane Michael has maxed out and we will no longer pay for storage of your personal property ... Merry Christmas via phone call on Christmas Eve.  Heartless gesture huh ?  Meanwhile, 2 years after the storm, our clothes and all personal stuff is in storage somewhere in hundreds of miles away, we are in a totalled out camper with 9 rescued pets, and we cannot occupy our partially repaired house.  We are told that our coverge period expired EXACTLY 2 years from the date of the hurricane !  No one takes into consideration COVID and not being able to hire workers ..... even though USAA had their people work from HOME !  And, the government paying people more to not work than to work. EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES, apparently only if you work for USAA !!!  This totally combat disabled vet, and senior,  doesn't believe their commercials not for a second.  Matter of fact, USAA is no different than those who spit on me in California when I got back from Vietnam and called me a "baby killer".  After 32 years of paying them premiums I guess they're just paying me back !  What happened to our company that "had our back" ?  They have left us without our clothing or house but wished us a  Merry Christmas.

..................................................

PS   We do live in Florida so I'm sure USAA would love to terminate us or discourage us to drop coverage.

4 REPLIES

This is very concerning to read, @daleaclark. We wouldn't want any member to feel this way. Bear with me as I engage the appropriate area for further review and support. ~ Steven

It is easy to become frustrated or feel that the bank or customer service isnt doing enough or moving fast enough. I have felt that way. USAA is helping thousands of veterans and their families everyday and during this pandemic and natural disasters I am sure they too are overwhelmed. Sometimes you just have to be patient even though it can be difficult

Hi @Daisy1977, thank you for your membership. Please let me know if I can help with any questions. -Paula

The only people USAA is helping is the CEO and the other upper management.  What has been intentionally done to USAA is a disgrace.