Merry Christmas from USAA:     Your home damage coverage from Hurricane Michael has maxed out and we will no longer pay for storage of your personal property ... Merry Christmas via phone call on Christmas Eve.  Heartless gesture huh ?  Meanwhile, 2 years after the storm, our clothes and all personal stuff is in storage somewhere in hundreds of miles away, we are in a totalled out camper with 9 rescued pets, and we cannot occupy our partially repaired house.  We are told that our coverge period expired EXACTLY 2 years from the date of the hurricane !  No one takes into consideration COVID and not being able to hire workers ..... even though USAA had their people work from HOME !  And, the government paying people more to not work than to work. EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES, apparently only if you work for USAA !!!  This totally combat disabled vet, and senior,  doesn't believe their commercials not for a second.  Matter of fact, USAA is no different than those who spit on me in California when I got back from Vietnam and called me a "baby killer".  After 32 years of paying them premiums I guess they're just paying me back !  What happened to our company that "had our back" ?  They have left us without our clothing or house but wished us a  Merry Christmas.

..................................................

PS   We do live in Florida so I'm sure USAA would love to terminate us or discourage us to drop coverage.

Silver Star & Purple Heart.jpg
  •  

1 REPLY

As a veteran myself, I want to thank you for your service. I am saddened to read about your experience. I will notate your account and forward your concerns to the appropriate area for review. While I can't provide a specific time, I appreciate your patience while waiting for a response from this area. -Nick