Highlighted
Contributor

How long does the process take before you move into your new home? I have my COE, a house im interested in and I am in the process of looking for a VA lender. any advise is appreciated. thank you.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hi NYC Veteran,

Buying your first home is a nerve wracking and exciting decision!! I wish you the best of luck!

The process varies dependent on your situation and the type of home you are looking to purchase. If you give us a call here 210-531-USAA (8722) or 800-531-USAA Call 210-531-8722 or 800-531-8722 we can get more details and walk you through the timeline! Thank you!

Highlighted

It depends on quite a bit such as who you are buying the house from and other issues. From the time I told my realtor that this was the condo I wanted to the time I signed the closing paperwork and received my keys it took about 5 weeks. I had some other issues which maybe smoother for you since you have a COE. I did FHA and there was a lot of paperwork to determine where my monies came from and delays caused my my own personal life (I am ashamed to say I had a tax lien in GA that I was not aware of that I had to pay off and take care of). I have seen it take as little as three weeks to do everything too as I come from a large family.