Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Can you please list all what buyers is "not allowed" to pay? Also can you answer these questions:

1) Seller's agent has asked about the out of pocket cost for the Seller. Per the VA loan  I think it will be about $1,100.

2) What is USAA charging for: loan application fee, truth-in-lending fee,  doc preparation fees, postage and mailing , escrow fees I estimate @ $550, Notary fee $50.

3) Veteran have found a place to want to buy and live in the home but the seller have a current tentant and the lease is up in 7 to 8 months.

Don't care to research and don't care to call the VA office that's why I come to you to ask. Thank you further in this matter.

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

W.D.R.;

I am not a USAA Advisor, nor a USAA Employee. I am just a Member like you.

The purchase of a new home has a lot of "financial variables" and each mortgage is "different" so as such I can not answer a lot of "specific questions" relative to your current loan application.

That said, here is what I have for you:

1. VA - Home Loans - Fees

2. VA - Closing Costs Explained (PDF)

3. VA Home Loan Closing Costs for Veteran Mortgages

4. USAA - VA Loan FAQ

5. USAA - Mortgage Affordability Calculator

6. USAA - Member Community Post - HELP: VA Loans - Certificate of Eligibility (COE) Information (ANSWER...

7. USAA - Member Community Post - USAA - Accuracty of Month payment Estimate

8. USAA - Member Community Post - Agents with Movers Advantage

9. USAA Member Community Search - VA Loan (Perhaps you will find additional answers there)

Hope I have helped you.

Highlighted

With all due respect WEBSITE GURU if you can't address my specific questions then let the so called employed real gurus answer it. But thanks for trying and you have a wonderful Memorial day.

Highlighted

W.D.R.;

1. As I stated before, the purchase of a new home has a lot of "financial variables" and each mortgage is "different" so as such NO ONE on this Forum can answer a lot of "specific questions" relative to your current loan application.

• You will need to call 1-800-531-USAA (8722) and speak to one of USAA's Mortgage Service Representatives whom will be happy to provide you with specific information.

They are open Monday to Friday - 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday - 9 a.m. to 4 p.m..

Phone Menu Tip: At the main menu say: "Mortgage Loan Status".

2. By clicking on the links I provided in my post above you can get "answers" to some of your questions.

• "What buyers is/are "not allowed" to pay?"

□ Click VA Home Loan Closing Costs for Veteran Mortgages **(External Link)

Scroll down and read Section Titled "Fees Not Allowed to be Charged to the Veteran"

Also read this: VA - Closing Cost Fees Allowed and Not Allowed (PDF) **(External Link)

• "What is USAA charging for loan application fee?"

□ Call 1-800-531-USAA (8722) and speak to one of USAA's Mortgage Service Representatives.

Loan Application Fee is charged up front  and then applied as a CREDIT if you close on the property.

• "What is USAA charging for truth-in-lending fee,  doc preparation fees,  postage and mailing, escrow fees?"

□ Read "What buyers is/are "not allowed" to pay?" above.

• Read this information about the "VA Funding Fee" (you may be exempt).

VA Loan Funding Fees **(External Link)

ALSO, I provide other useful information, not directly related to your questions but related to a VA Loan, like that concerning your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) which I strongly suggest you read (see Link #6 in my post above). You should also read the other links if desired.

Hope your questions are now answered.

Highlighted

W.D.R.,

Thank you for posting. Your questions can be answered quickly and efficiently by one of our member service representatives who can be reached at 1-800-531-8722. They will be able to get personal details from you that we would not want you to post online! Or, you could send your questions via this form. I am sorry I can’t help you further!

Highlighted

At Briana Hartzell USAA: Thank you for your professional reply.