Highlighted
Contributor

Today, July 11, 2014 I was supposed to close on my refinance.  I knew there was going to be a problemwwhen the person from the title company told me that I did not have a Quit Claim Deed for a refinance that happened 11 years ago .He did not reference the REFI that occurred in 2009 but told me that I needed to contact my ex husband OR he could fix it but it would cost me out of my own pocket. I provided him upon his request with my divorce decree which states the house is mine and I also referred him to the county records which also state the house is mine.  Neither he nor the USAA mortgage person could provide any additional information.  I called on closing day to find  that my broker was on military leave and she left another number of a person who was also on leave.  I spoke to at least three rude mortgage personnel. The last one just ended with "do you want us to close your account"  No help at all. I thanked myself out loud for my service and hung up.  James would not let me get a word in because he did not know what he was doing and could not provide me with any additional information. 

1 REPLY

Highlighted

fgk,

This is not the experience we want you to have with USAA. If you could please email us at socialmedia@usaa.com with your member number and a number we can contact you, we would like to get someone from the refinancing team in contact with you to make sure you get the information you need. We look forward to hearing from you.