Highlighted
Contributor

Mortgage has been in place for over 5 years, a coule years ago USAA had nationstar begin to be the manager of their mortgage accounts thought the loans remain with USAA.  Property taxes went up last year and had Nationstar make the adjustment for the increase in November / December 2019.  

Starting in January suddenly I have both USAA and Nationstar both taking mortgage payments.  Nationstar blames USAA.  The issue is who in USAA is there to discuss what's going on with?  The Mortgage phone number takes me back to Nationstar, any other posted USAA number takes me to the main menu and from there my choices are Insurance, Investments, Mortgages (Nationstar) etc but no one that can adress the issue-   Been passed through 7 different USAA peoplpe (3 of the Nationstar) been on the hpone on hold waiting for an agent for almost 4 hours and no closer than I was at 10AM this morning.  Absolute worse service I have ever experienced with USAA in 37 years.  So anyone have an idea who is the person that can help??

Most Helpful
Highlighted

Thanks for the response - I figured it out and resolved the issue.  I was surprised USAA simply could not point me in the right direction after all they made the loan.  Other than pass me from department to department and waste a fair amount of my time they simply had no clue who to send me to for an answer.  As I stated I was able to get the assistance I needed and made the necessary changes.  I was a bit surprised - 37 years with USAA and never experienced this level service before.  I hope it is a result of everything going on and not an indication of a drop in quality service.    

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Hello ternan. I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you're experiencing. I understand that Nationstar is servicing your mortgage loan, so they are tasked with collecting your monthly payment. USAA Real Estate is does not collect payments. Did you recently adjust the manner your mortgage payment is paid? By chance did you have your mortgage payment being automatically deducted from USAA.com Pay Bills option? Thank you.

Highlighted

Thanks for the response - I figured it out and resolved the issue.  I was surprised USAA simply could not point me in the right direction after all they made the loan.  Other than pass me from department to department and waste a fair amount of my time they simply had no clue who to send me to for an answer.  As I stated I was able to get the assistance I needed and made the necessary changes.  I was a bit surprised - 37 years with USAA and never experienced this level service before.  I hope it is a result of everything going on and not an indication of a drop in quality service.    

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hello ternan, thank you for your follow up. I am delighted to hear everything has been resolved. I am again sorry to hear of the difficulty you had, but I believe your were referred back to Nationstar each time you called as they handle your mortgage payments. Feel free to reach us via this avenue should you have any future mortgage need. Thank you.