Highlighted

I recently moved to the UK from California.  I have my house on the market in California for sale, thus it does not make sense to rent it while it is on the market.  I notified USAA of my move and requested renter's insurance to cover the dwelling.  It seems that USAA doesn't insure unoccupied homes.  

My frustration is that I find out that I was declined/not accepted via a letter dated August 29, 2014 and just received today on September 15, 2014.  Mail takes a while to get overseas.  All other correspondence received via my online documents would suggest my house was insured with a renters policy.  Telephone and email must not have been working.  ;)

I actually find it difficult to even write this email because USAA has always been my top choice for most anything in the past.  Unfortunately, I cannot endorse this approach anymore as a customer.  I understand that USAA made a business decision.  I am making a personal decision. 

Why do I write this post.  Please keep this in mind when you move and must sell your home and it is unoccupied.

Signed, 

Disappointed Tim

4 REPLIES

Highlighted

Nitronaut,

We will be reaching out to you shortly to make sure we leave no stone unturned in assisting you with your property in California. Could you please email us at socialmedia@usaa.com with the best number to reach you (please also include your member number). We look forward to hearing from you.

Highlighted

Nitronaut,

Just checking in, and requesting you send us your contact information to [Removed Link] or fill out this form so we can get in touch with you about your renters insurance. Thank you!

Highlighted

Email sent to the address you provided.

Highlighted

Thank you! We should be in touch shortly! Please let us know when you hear from someone and if we can provide further assistance!