Highlighted

Thank you, the CEO's office emailed us and we did hear from someone.  Much of our complaints were taken care of and finally closed but it took a few more weeks (close to a month).  It took four  months to refinace our home that we had a home loan already.

Highlighted

Dear Dave1988, 

I am glad this was resolved for you and you were able to close. I regret to hear that is took some time, however. I appreciate the patience. 

Highlighted

I just had the same issue as Littleirish.  But I am not going to pay the fee.  Taking my business elsewhere...very disappointing.

Highlighted

ME in SC,

We realize the importance of your concerns. Your concerns were addressed in another post. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and will be in contact to address your concerns. Thank you. -Gus

Highlighted

I had similar problems with a re-fi a few years ago when I had to escalate it. They were dragging it out, I think because the rates were going up above the locked in rate I got. The account clerk didn't do anything and her supervisor wouldn't return my calls. They were making a big deal about Homestar not properly documenting their close of a one day possesion of the loan during a merger with my cuurent bank. Then they had a fit about an old car loan by BB&T because they were missing a suffix on the loan number. I had to go to BB&T and get it worked out because they wouldn't do it. It took 5 minutes to clear up.They also low-balled the appraisal by a lot. Since this is owned by USAA, but not really run by them, I got a hold of USAA customer service and told them about it. Suddenly, I got calls from the supervisor and her boss and it worked out.

I was dumb enough to try them again with a new purchase in June, 2018. My agent had to get involved because they were totally confused. They didn't want to call anyone themselves. They waited until the 3rd week to get the home appraised, and had to delay approval of it because of an absense. Once again they low-balled the heck of it. I decided to just pay the difference (15,000). We ended up missing our closing date because of some stipulation that I needed to get the paperwork 3 or 5 days later, even though I accepted it immediately. We ended up being homeless for a day and could not reschedule the movers. We eventually were able to unload the moving van the day before closing into the new home and then stayed at a hotel that night. I never received a feedback questionaire. By the way, the USAA home estimator was much closer to our buy price and is now (6 months later) even higher than what we paid.

I love USAA, I do everything through them but the mortgage group is terrible. The home buying network was great, I made some money back on the sale and buy of the homes and was provided with a great realtor (sold our house in 2 days at full price). 

Highlighted

Hello @Chidog59, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for the feedback regarding your home purchase. USAA is continually working to improve our processes and this feedback does assist us making that happen.

Highlighted

Was thinking of refinancing an auto loan with them, but after the SNAFU I suffered with their home insurance claims department and seeing this, I think I'll pass. Thanks for the feedback. -S

Highlighted

@Scottgrambo, I regret to hear about the trouble you went through with your homeowners claim.  We never want you to have a bad experience.  I asked a claims subject matter expert to follow up with you to further address your concerns with the claim.  Thank you for reaching out to us.  ~ Robert

Highlighted

You made a wise decision.  Besides, you can do better on ANYTHING USAA offers with a different company.  And the added bonus will be much better customer service since USAA's customer service has gone down the drain.

Highlighted

If you did use USAA, your business will not be processed correctly.  You will complain on these boards as all the others have and then you will be referred to a "subject matter expert" after which nothing will happen.  Shouldn't all the employees of USAA be "subject matter experts" in the business they are conducting?  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that after 40 years with USAA, USAA would become a mere shadow of what it once was and that I would leave USAA.