Highlighted

I agree with you!  Just had a horrific experience with my home loan application! These loan processors don’t care. I wish the president and CEO of USAA read all the complaints against the Real Estate Fulfillment Department.

Highlighted

DO NOT USE USAA MORTGAGE services. I am happy w/ the inverstement services - but tried to get a mortgage from USAA and it was way more than a disaster.  It was terrible. 

I guess if you are a Sgt in the army and have a savings account only and want to buy a 2-bedroom house, then try it (I used to be at that stage in life. NOTHING wrong with that).

I am older and have some investment properties and a business. Was buying a second home (retirement, vacation, etc). I went through months of suffering and calls (some of the lower level USAA people are great - they work hard) - upper level folks are bad. I even bought my property insurance on the house from USAA (was on the "list" I things I needed to do to complete the mortgage approval). I was denied because part of property was on opposite side of a private road. I was denied AFTER buying my insurance on the property throught USAA!!!! What a joke. 

It is embarrasing when you tell the seller you are going to buy their property and after months of ineptitude your mortgage agency denies you!!! Anyway - I bought the property with cash. Cash. 

Memo to USAA - if your client has the financial resources to buy the house with cash, then yeah, they are probably safe to give a loan too. What a joke. Don't use them. 

Highlighted

@gtolou, we are sorry to hear of your experience. I will certainly pass on this feedback regarding your mortgage experience and hope this does not deter you from a relationship with USAA! We appreciate you.

Highlighted

I just sent my information; we had lukewarm experiences when we bought our last house using USAA.  The people are not professional like the regular USAA employees.  We went with USAA again this time and they really hosed us.  The agent is arrogant and a liar; she recieved our application three weeks ago and called to tell us just yesterday she did not have it and that our closing date would be delayed another few weeks at best.  I have a pregnant wife and three small children. 

Highlighted

Thank you for sharing your concerns in the Community, @101vet. This is not the experience we want you to have. I would like to have a subject matter expert look into your experience. Please be assured you will be contacted once we've had an opportunity to review this matter further. We appreciate your time and thank you in advance for allowing us to look into this matter. Tricia