Can anyone in Mortgage department explain what is going on?

Highlighted
Contributor

Can anyone explain the comments all over this site regarding mortgages through USAA?  I am hours away from being under contract and I have to say I am getting a little scared here.  All I see is the standard "We are very sorry to hear..." from CS.  Has anyone had a good experience?  Can CS tell me that I will, with some reasonable certainty?

We have done everything to get our ducks in a row, but it is disheartening to see others on this blog who appear to have done the same and are still having troubles.

5 REPLIES

Highlighted

I have been a member for over 30 years.  I have great credit.  I own houses in 3 states.  I just bought a house in Florida this summer and it was terrible service from near the beginning.   USAA staff lied constantly and the service was rotten even at closing.  They need to retrain the staff in the mortgage department or fire most of them.  I have not gotten any response from the "complaint area".  I think they were just transfering me to their coworkers and the coworkers just lied and said they were the "complaint area".  I am a retired Field Grade Officer.

Highlighted
We are 7 years into our fourth mortgage with USAA and have never had an issue. That's not to discount those who are displeased, but rather to affirm there is a spectrum of satisfaction/dissatisfaction. Good luck with closing!
Highlighted

SweetC;  Thanks for that.  I did get a call in response to my post this morning. I'll call them back.  It's just scary to see like a 20:1 ratio of bad to good reviews here.

Highlighted

cliffalling,

I am so glad one of our service representatives reached out to you. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you or if you have additional questions. Thank you for posting in the community.

Highlighted
I have personally had no issue with them for two homes in 2005 and 2010; however, at the end, both of my realtors in CO Springs and Indiana told me that if I went to buy another home, they would pay me $500 up front to NOT use USAA - guessing they had to do a fair amount of work behind the scenes prior to closing.

However, to ensure they received my documents, I also sent everything over their internal message system as attachments for easy retrieval, which may have helped.