Highlighted
Contributor
July of 2014 bought a house through USAA with no issues and closing cost was rolled into the VA Loan and things went smooth.
Not so much this time, was told after getting a preapproval that USAA don't roll closing into the loans anymore and we would need about 7500 to close. 4 weeks before closing had to submit our paper work 3 times before the loan officer "got them" then he says we would need 9600 for closing instead of 7500 plus 3 months worth of mortgage payments in our account in 24hrs to submit the loan. That's 7500 to 13,000 and we had 24 hours to come up with it. We will never do business with USAA after this. We will slowly roll our savings into other accounts, transfer checking accounts, and look for options to change mortgage companies for both homes we financed at USAA. Some way to treat a disabled Vet.

3 REPLIES

Highlighted

Turbong,

We regret to hear of your experience with your mortgage loan. This is not the type of service we expect for our members. I have shared your comments with a colleague in the mortgage area who will research your comments and reach out to discuss further. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. -Gus

Highlighted
It's not under my account it's under my wife's
Highlighted

Turbong, thank you for following up. We were able to locate your information and are actively reviewing this matter.

~Thank you. Celeste