Beware of Spotty Homeowner's Insurance Coverage

Highlighted
Contributor

I had water damage in my home due to a leaking appliance and had to replace the flooring and remove the molding underneath. I've gone through the process and realized that I'd be out of pocket $500 for the deductible. So far I'm more than $2,000 out of pocket and at a loss to explain why contractor prices are what they are because I'm not a general contractor and don't know where to begin in trying to explain the difference between actual costs and the USAA assessed costs for repair. This is very dissapointing and I'll be looking at other insurance providers. It was naive of me to assume that USAA was offering the best coverage based on their historical support for military families.

Claim # [removed sensitive data]-003 

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

Brandon.Christian,

Please know that it is never our intent for you to feel disappointed with our service especially when you file a claim with us.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I’ve escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike

Highlighted

What a stupid thing to say. "It's never our intent..." well what in the blue  do you think is going to happen Mike when you have terrible service? You're that dumb? That's a very stupid thing to say. You waste a persons time and your effort with that. You need to look in the mirror and evaluate what you need to do to elevate your game.

and "I've escalated your situation" seemingly like you're doing any one a favor when you still have a 2-3 business day wait time. Get out of here with your . Ain't no one buying that nonsense. USAA sucks and you ain't no insurance Rambo that's gonna come in and save the day. 

Moderators note: Post has been edited due to Member Community posting guidelines