Adjuster refusing to call me back to discuss the complications of my water claim. DISGUSTED.

Highlighted
Contributor

I do not know how to get resolution on my issue with my adjuster.  I had an incoming water pipe burst right before Thanksgiving resulting in a Category 3 water claim.  I fixed that leak and the plumber suggested that I also have the outgoing pipes checked for any leaks before I put in new materials throughout the house.  I called a company that specialized in that type of testing where they test all outgoing pipes and work to isolate any leaks that might have also contributed to water damage in the house.  The company found a leak, isolated it and created a report.  I called my adjuster to discuss how to handle that and was told to put in a secondary claim on the house.  I requested multiple times a calll back from the adjuster to discuss how this would affect the timing of me being out of the house since the company had a backlog of when they could come back and do the repair.  I was put off and put off and never received a phone call back to discuss how this would affect how long I would be in my temporary housing.  I am extremely disgusted at the lack of communication.  I have given them all of the paperwork, encouraged them to call the company doing the second round of plumbling repairs, etc.  I have been a member of USAA since I was 16 years old, so 41 years and this is how I am treated.  Disgusted.

2 REPLIES

Highlighted

@ Mary 2424, 

Thank you for over 41 years of membership.  However, It’s disheartening to hear about your experience.  Also, I'm sorry to hear about the water pipe that burst especially on the night before Thanksgiving.  I'd like to have your concerns reviewed further.  I’ve escalated your situation to a subject matter expert who will be reaching out to you to address your concerns.  Please allow 2-3 business days for contact.  Thanks~Mike

Highlighted

Thank you Mike.  I realized early on that there were some complicating factors with my claim and I needed to DISCUSS this with the adjuster.  It was unrealistic to begin putting flooring materials back into the house before this secondary water issue was  resolved with the house and I needed to discuss how this would affect the timeline for me being out of the house.  Thank you for putting me in touch with someone that can hopefully help me navigate this situation.  I have always been very happy with USAA and this is the first bad experience I have had.