Like most USAA members I have used ADT since the 90s when they first started offering discounts to USAA members. And until recently, I have always been pleased with their service and their customer responsibility. However, now all I have to say is do not use this company ever. They were supposedly monitoring our alarm and charging us to monitor the alarms every month for ten years. When a technician came out to our house recently to update the cellular battery, he also tested the system and told us that there is no actual connection to the ADT monitoring center and therefore there is no way that they could have been monitoring our alarms system, for many years. When informed of this situation, ADT refused to offer us any apaology, refund, discount, or any other attempt to make this fraud/scam better. We paid them almost $4000 over this time period for no monitoring of our system what so ever. Do not use them. There are other companies out there that will offer the same services and they will not cheat you.

2 REPLIES

@Daustin, I certainly understand your concerns with the situation. I am escalating your concerns for review so that we may have an opportunity to address them. Once reviewed you will be contacted directly to discuss and assist further. Please send a private message through this Member Community with your full name and contact number. Thank you. -Cynthia  

This customers concern highlights and alerts all ADT customers of an alarming situation which can impack the safety of every ADT USAA customer. Thank you for posting this. USAA should review this situation and insure that every customer's system is actually functional. USAA should resolve the with immediate coordination with ADT. THIS IS A HUGE SAFETY RISK. USAA should advise of completed action without delay!