Highlighted
Contributor

I signed up with ADT security a few years ago and had a monthly fee of $29.99.  Last year they raised it to $32.78.  I just received a notification that they are raising the rate again to $35.57.  

That is an increase of $6 per month in the last few years.  Seems excessive to me.  

What has been other's experience?   Should I expect annual increases from now on?  

Should USAA reevaluate its relationship with ADT?  

5 REPLIES

Highlighted
You need to call and tell them you want your original rate, you are a usaa member and your rate is never suppose to be increased.
They tried raising my rate and I over paid $15 a month for over a year. They read reimbursed me for the excess amount and adjusted it to ny original rate
Highlighted

Happy retired1,

Your concerns have been escalated to the proper department for further review. Thank you.

Highlighted
Do what I diid - CANCEL their over-priced, under-performing 'service.' BTW, when I call to cancel, they offered to reduce my monitoring fee by $15/month. Now I know they are ripoff artists. I still cancelled!
Highlighted

Hi Ipublius,

I have sent over your concerns to a member services representative. They will be reaching out to you shortly to further assist. Thank you.

Highlighted

I managed to do what Dresius said:

"

Dresius's avatarUser  Dresius (Opens a pop up layer)Frequent Contributor

You need to call and tell them you want your original rate, you are a usaa member and your rate is never suppose to be increased."

As  a USAA member our rate should never increase.  They reinstated my original rate.

But the lady told me that I might have to call them every year when they tried to raise the rate.  She said that the standard ADT contract calls for an annual rate increase.

I still think that USAA should reevaluate it's relationship with ADT.  If we are supposed to keep the same rate, then they shouldn't be billing us for an annual rate increase.